Tundra Double Cab 2005: How do I remove console panel?

I want to remove to original stereo and install a Navigation system but I can't figure it out. I guess I'll have to remove the console (dashboard) to work with. Any ideas? The pros. are charging me $ 250 for doing that and it kind of hurts to pay for it. All help will be appreciated. Thanks,

Tony

Reply to
Tony

"Tony" sez:

I haven't done it myself but the shop manual sez:

  1. Pull the 3 control knobs off 2. Tip the 2 air vents top side back/bottom side out 3. Remove 5 screws, 3 behind the control knobs you pulled off and 2 at the top of the exposed vent housing exposed by tipping back the vents 4. Pull off the panel (the image sez 7 clips on the panel so you gotta give 'er a good tug) by grabbing onto the plastic by the vents on either side and pulling straight off.

This will expose the guts you want to remove and replace ...

Its always better to do it yourself, the prose will still strip threads and generally flotch things up whilst having you pay for the (ahem) work.

Good wrenchin' to ya, VLJ

Reply to
vlj