Tundra & Hellwig Stabilizer ...

I've read a lot of good things about this stabilizer. Is there a downside to having this installed? And I'm curious, if it's as good an addition as I've read, why isn't something like it an option from the factory.

Tom

--

Reply to
Tom Braider

For off-roading it reduces articulation of the rear suspension. For on-road, it's great. I like mine.

A rear antisway bar (stabilizer bar, sway bar, etc.) on any vehicle tends to decrease understeer and may even create oversteer. We do not know the effect with or without this bar on understeer and oversteer in emergency situation--flat rear tire & high speed, etc.

All that said, I like my Hellwig rear antisway bar on my Tundra. I need to do more experimentation with in on frosty roads this winter to see if the rear end of the truck tends to slide out more with or without the bar connected.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Thanks for your input. Do you know if the installation of an anti sway bar will affect the truck's warranty in any way? Also, can you recommend a place to purchase one.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Braider

No warranty concerns. If you did have a problem with the suspension, just take the bar off--just a few minutes work.

summitracing.com has a good price.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton