V6 Losing Coolant

Help, i've recently rebuilt my 1990 V6, 3VZ-E, 4-Runner engine and it loses about 1 gallon of coolant a month. The engine runs excellent and doesn't show any signs of external leakage. It doesn't ever overheat either. I've put about 10,000 miles on the rebuilt engine and it still runs and performs excellent. Any suggestions?

Reply to
gb

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 09:37:45 -0500, "gb" went like:

These V6's typically had head gasket problems and would lose fluid internally through the #6 cylinder and out the tail pipe. Mine did and I never saw any puddles or stains. My first clue was that my cooling system became pressurized by the leaking cylinder and want to fill up the overflow resevoir. Why did you rebuild and did you have any over heating problems before? How straight were the heads when you but them back on. Did you tourque them down properly? Sounds like leakage caused by overheating. A warped head or a crack somewhere.

Reply to
feck

Have you checked the compression in all the cylinders? That would be my first step.

Reply to
slikrikd