What year is my toyota? I thought it was a 2002

The date on the door says 09/01

Is this a 2001 or 2002?

I thought it was a 2002

Reply to
hombrewdude

Thats just the manufacture date. Notice how the "New 2006s" are already out?

Reply to
Johann Koenig

I understand that...

So what is the model year?? 2002??

Reply to
hombrewdude

What does the title say?

Reply to
Johann Koenig

It is a 2002. It's an early production 2002.

They typically shut down productino in June or July to set up for the next model year, and the next model year goes on sale in Sep. or Oct of the year prior to the model year. That is, they are just starting to sell 2006 models, and we are in mid Sep. 2005. They sometimes sell the next model year as early as Apr, but that is typically when they are introducing a brand new model or body style. For example, the Ford Mustang for 1965 was launched inApril 1964. They sometimes repeat this knd of marketing strategy, but the general rule is that the next model year is introduced in Sep. or Oct.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

It's a 2002.

You can take that to the bank, as they say. Do not even begin to question it, you have an early production 2002.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

My point was not to question it...

I just want to make sure I have the correct model year when I order parts.

thanks everyone!

Reply to
hombrewdude

On 23 Sep 2005 06:09:19 -0700, "hombrewdude" found these unused words floating about:

3rd month production of 2002.
Reply to
J. A. Mc.

Go by the 10th digit or your vin number if it is 1 your vehicle is a 2001, a 2 means it is a 2002 hope this settles the mistery. Scott

Reply to
zonie