Who Like to drive in the snow?

Because of 4wd? Are you one those flat-earthers who thinks that 4wd is BAD in snow?

Actually No, I use my all time favorite (1988 TOYOTA PICKUP V6 4X4)

I have LT / 235-75 -R15 / AT with "snowflake" symbol

Two pairs of Chains (Diamond HEAVY DUTY REINFORCED)

Flat-earther ? Are you jesting? We think alike!

E=MC sq.

Chris

begin 666 BFGoodrich Tires All-Terrain T-A® KO.url M6T1%1D%53%1=#0I"05-%55),/6AT=' Z+R]W=W

Reply to
Chris

There are ways around that. If you know an alternate route around the check point, no one cares if you have chains or not once you pass the check point. Of course, for mountain pass where there is only one way, you can't do this.

Ben

Reply to
Benjamin Lee

in article snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, MrFixit469 at snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote on 12/14/05 9:28 AM:

You guys need to get that state back under control.

-jeff

Reply to
Jeff Olsen

Having been up to Tahoe last weekend, I would point out that the checkpoints are typically staffed with Caltrans employees and not CHP officers. CHP officers should be on the road during those conditions. I was never asked to show the chains, but I have been told one is required to carry them in chain control areas. They waved me through with a 4wd vehicle.

Some "chain required" signs were put up in areas without checkpoints though. And there was one staffed area where the most snow I saw was a tiny patch of slush.

Reply to
y_p_w

Having been up to Tahoe last weekend, I would point out that the checkpoints are typically staffed with Caltrans employees and not CHP officers. CHP officers should be on the road during those conditions. I was never asked to show the chains, but I have been told one is required to carry them in chain control areas. They waved me through with a 4wd vehicle.

Some "chain required" signs were put up in areas without checkpoints though. And there was one staffed area where the most snow I saw was a tiny patch of slush.

Reply to
y_p_w

They're licensed chain installers. On top of their outdoor clothing, they're supposed to wear a vest with their license number.

I found they typically charge $20. Licensed roadside chain installers aren't allowed to sell chains. You can buy chains at a whole bunch of nearby gas stations, drug stores, etc.

Reply to
y_p_w