Wierd Engine temps.

Hi, I have an 88' pickup 4x4 22re engine 99,900 miles on it and runs great. But just recently, i added a 2oz. bottle of BarsLeak to it. Now the temp. gauge seems to go up/down, floats around but with no indication that it is actually overheating. Is there air in it? Like i said, it had not done this prior to the additive, ran at a good steady temp. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.....................................Paul.....

Reply to
Paul

I once had a car on which I put the radiator cap crooked. Blew out half the water (unbenownst to me), then the temp gage started going up and down. I checked the water, filled it up, and all the problems went away. So, yeah, it'll roam around if there is air in the system. Why there is air? Either you didn't fill it right, or the leak is still there. It may be pretty bad, that leak, to do that.

Be very careful with that BarsLeaks -- you may seal a leak for awhile with it, but if it gumms up the inside of your radiator, you'll pay later (I did). No more than 1 bottle, if that.

Jim

Reply to
James Andrus

You always pay later with Bar's Leaks.