Latest threads in Toyota Trucksshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Turning off traction control - Two different Highlanders
I have a 2004 and 2009 Toyota Highlander and live in farmland. We often have snow covered fields where some portions are grassy and others are 12" or more of snow. During warmer times, we have mud....
6
6

Ignition timing
Howdy all ! (If anyone still reads this newsgroup.) I have a Toyota 1992 Pickup V6 with a 3VZ-E engine. I have replaced the timing belt, various hoses and gaskets, water pump, etc., to fix a...
3
3

Hilux 1998 fuel gauge limited range.
I got this back from the fixit shop but the gauge ranges from full to 3/4full before running on empty. How can the range be expanded to its proper one.
2
2

[Slightly OT] 2013 Consumer Reports Car Age Graph
I'm looking at my 2013 April issue of CR on page 79. It has a funky graph on car aging? What do top and bottom legends interpreted? 1. Avg problem rate (%) 2. 0 2 4 ... 12 It would be nice to know...

Toyota 1998 Hilux fuel gauge stuck on FULL.
Is there any way to fix this cheaply? Peter
2
2

Japan Car Parts Makers in Price-Fixing Plea
Japan Car Parts Makers in Price-Fixing Plea Fri, 09/27/2013 - 10:22am Pete Yost, Associated Press Get today's design engineering headlines and news - Sign up now! Nine Japanese auto parts...

Toyota produces millionth truck in Texas
From AB A Million and Counting Toyota Texas Produces One Millionth Truck SAN ANTONIO, Texas (September 18, 2013) ? It's been said that the stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of...

i have 2008 toyota tacoma v6 it sometimes hesitates when i step on the gas
I have a 2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner V-6, Sometimes when I am driving no matter how fast or slow, at times when I step on the gas It will hesitate, and when I release the gas peddle it will go normal...
1
1

Toyota recalling 342k Tacomas due to faulty seatbelt pretensioners
From ESPN Toyota Announces Voluntary Recall of Certain Tacoma Vehicles TORRANCE, CA August 7, 2013 ? Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. today announced that it will conduct a voluntary safety recall...

Toyota Tacoma X-Runner dead
From AB WHAT'S NEW FOR 2014 TOYOTA TACOMA ? ON SALE DATE: SEPT. 2013 EXTERIOR -Two new colors: Silver Sky Metallic 1D6 and Blue Ribbon Metallic 8T5 (replaces Silver 1E7 and Blue 8S6 INTERIOR...

Toyota recalling FJ Cruiser due to excessively bright headlights
From AB Report Receipt Date: APR 25, 2013 NHTSA Campaign Number: 13V163000 Component(s): EXTERIOR LIGHTING Potential Number of Units Affected: 11,489 All Products Associated with this Recall 2007-2013...

Mysterious 3VZ-E coolant leak
Greetings yet again. I looked in my 3VZ-E engine repair manual (1992 Toyota 2WD 5-speed manual pickup) to see if I can find any reason why coolant is leaking out of a hole on the engine block, between...
3
3

94 4Runner, no start, no lights, no click
Hi All, I have a 1994 4Runner SR5, manual transmissions, 3VZE 6cyl. I also have power locks, power windows and A/C. After normal operation and being parked for about 10 hours the vehicle will not...
1
1

Curt trailer towing hitch
Has anyone installed a Curt brand trailer hitch on a Tacoma ? This seems to be the best looking one in the under $ 200 price class. If so what do you think of them? Also looking around for any other...
1
1

Fuel guage and Temperture guage dead
1987 Toyota PU 2WD carburetted. The day before both were fine. The next mor ning the needles in both don't move. All other lights, signals, horn etc wo rk fine. Checked all the fuses behind the panel...
2
2