1776 in my 70 single cab.running on 2 cylinders

Whew,

Just got back from my farm in WV....Disappointed for my SC would not really run well.........i fired it up and planned on hauling some lumber (had not been run since November) and it sounded ok, but was weak on power and hard to start. It has Kadrons on it and vacuum advance dizzy.

1 and 3 are not firing. I found this out by pulling spark plug wires while it was running, and having my timing light/ tach hooked up. Pull one of those 2 wires, no change in rpms. I found dwell to be at 42, so i knew that was low, and was adjusting the points only to find that the screw that holds the points was stripped out......so i pulled the distributor, brought it back to SC where i can repair..........I looked at the plugs on one and 3, oily and wet............i replaced with new, and then occasionally at idle i would hear number 1 kick in and it would boost the rpm's a second or so then die back out.......

Any suggestions? I need to be able to count on this vehicle for my farm truck..........

Reply to
Vanagon Man

Check to see if there is spark on wires 1 & 3.

Randy

RSMEINER

Could be bad wires, or bad plugs or dirt in the cap? the points screw is a worry.

Could be a value problem possibly?

HTH Anto

RSME>>Whew,

Reply to
Antony Hutchison

there is spark. I forgot to mention that.

Reply to
Vanagon Man

Spark is there.was new wire set...so don't see issues there. What is values?

Reply to
Vanagon Man