1966 Beetle Tire Options?

I know this has been covered in the past, but wanted to get a clarification. I'm looking for white wall radials for my 66, but they are outrageous $$. Local shop has a set of four white walls they can install for $250, but they are 205/70/15. Will these fit? If they won't or if you all advise against that route, anyone know of reasonably priced white wall radials that will fit?

Roy Kasten

Reply to
rfkasten

My bet is they would rub on full lock of the steering wheel. What about Coker tires?

They have 2 1/4" and 3/4" whitewalls int 165R15 size.

Reply to
Wolfgang

As Wolfgang says, Coker is the place to go. The OEM size tyres for you VW are here:

The Coker Whitewalls are a pretty good deal for $92 each.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
John Crichton

I wouldn't recommend 205's on the front! Parking will be a nightmare.

Have you thought about buying standard tyres and getting them white walled? I think standard size is 155/80x15" on 4.5" rims

--Steve

Reply to
Phatman