1970 vw body question

Did the 70's have one side mirror or two??? i got this car and parts were in boxes and i'm putting it back together to see wut i need... i'm wantthing to keep the outside origanal...

Reply to
beetleman07

beetleman07

Reply to
beetleman07

my standard/hardtop USA 1970 Beetle has only one mirror on the driver's door.

Convertibles and KGs might have 2 external mirrors, one on each door.

What are your doors telling you? Is there a spot to put a mirror on the passenger door? Do you have the owners manual with a picture?

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

i didn't get an owners manual with it, and i'm wanting to keep the out side how it was made... how can i tell if it had one???

Reply to
beetleman07

If it did have one there's a hole in the door. About... well, same place as the drivers side door...

Roger

PS please post only once. It's annoying to read the same posts more than needed. And it won't give you an answer sooner

Reply to
bug '59

wrote

My '70 only has one on the driver's side.

HTH

Reply to
caroline

I'm sorry bout it posting in here many times, my laptop lags and it sends it like that... Thxs for the help

Reply to
beetleman07

It would have been a dealer option and installed by the dealer at time of sale. It was not a particularly popular option.

Speedy Jim

"I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has teats!" Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder engine.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

newsgroups take a while for message to show up.

Reply to
anton

Do a Google search. There is a ton of information out there on VW Beetles.

Reply to
Papa

here are some pictures of a nice looking 1970 Beetle

I don't think that the bumper riders are stock, but I just don't remember all the details back 37 years ago. lol

later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

The bumper riders were an option. The samba site has a whole bunch of sales brochures organized by year in their archives section and the bumper riders are listed as an accessory.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

dave AKA vwdoc1

I've spent a good number of hours reading through that stuff. Some of the most interesting VW related stuff on the net if you are interested in totally stock VW's. The coolest thing is an advertisement for VW tourism where you get a package tour of Europe: You fly to Germany, pick up your new VW and then travel Europe for 3 weeks and take your car home with you. One of the tours was about $2400 which included the car, airfare and the freight cost to bring the car home with you (to the US or Canada).

Rev Turd Fredericks