Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1971 Type 3 ?
Hey, everyone - Wondering what the consensus is on t his VW - I am completely new to the "Air-Cooled" world and have seen a GORGEOUS Type 3 with only 56k miles. Apparently it was a "third car" for a...
6
6

Will a Bug tow another Bug Long Distance?
The running Bug is a 1600 Super Beetle Will it tow another bug Long Distance? The other bug has engine in it. Thanks Steven
3
3

Odometer Reading ?
Hi All! Does anyone know IF there is a way to determine an odometer reading on an older bug is "accurate" - I am looking at an older one that has VERY low mileage. Thanks - B
7
7

1500CC Rebuild kits? (85.5mm x 69mm)
I'm looking for a good 85.5 x 69mm rebuild kit, I read somewhere that I should also make sure to get a forged crank. Is this really necessary? I'm not going to be pushing a ton of power, just a...
2
2

Westy Opinions?
I'm gearing up to buy a bus; I guess one VW just isn't enough. Specifically, I have narrowed my sights on the '68-'71 Westies. I am, however, interested in any opinions on the pop-top vs. non-pop-top...
1
1

Interesting new bolt-on oil filter
?product_id=573&zw=items Just too bad it isn't full-flow, as it only filters the oil that goes through the oil cooler. Not all of the oil does. Jan
6
6

Type 1 Coil Problems
Good day. I have a Type 1 Beetle that appears to be killing the coil quite often (roughly every 3 months). The coil tends to overheat and then the car will not start until it has cooled. Coil heats up...
1
1

What should I bid? A 74 Ghia at an auto auction....
Hello all! I really need your expertise and advice on this one, so please, any help at all is most appreciated! I am a newbie air-cooled owner. My wife and I bought a '73 Thing a little over a year...
7
7

Is VWOA killing the part sites? or is it that we are just getting too old?
Ok, I just surfed: the only one of the 9 that seems to be up and running is I noticed some like is now owned by VWOA ( read as bastards ). I know they believe they have trademark rigths to every word...
4
4

72 transporter whats it worth
I have a 72 transporter in good condition all there would like to know if any one interested in it and what it is worth to restore ?
3
3

OT: South east Asia between 02/03-06 and 23/03-06.
Hi all! I'll be in Thailand between 02.03-06 and 23.03-06, Koh Samui, Koh Tao and maybe Koh Phangnang. If anyone should be around drop us a mail, or give me a call(Jan has my number) and we could...
1
1

Rescued 2 ghias this weekend
Well I'm at it again. I just rescued a 64 and 69 ghia from behind a barn that have been setting for 10 + years. The 64 is a restoration project for a person in Pa. the 69 will be up for grabs. As I...
8
8

Help With Ball Joints
I have changed many sets of ball joints in the past 40 years but never a set of VW's. Just how do these come out? I have a 73 std.bug and looking at the new ones online they look to be just the same...
7
7

Adjusting carb but cannot get idle
I'm adjusting the carb on my 1600 beetle. Thying to solve my stalling problem. All other tune-up stuff is ok. Set idle cam to book Set small screw to 2.5 turns out. with engine running set the rpm's...
6
6

3.8 V6 & VW trans for Dune Buggy available in Cleveland, Oh
I have a strong running Buick 3.8 ltr V6 with adapter plate, Kenedy clutch, Kenedy starter coupled to 1975 Bus transmission available for your Dune buggy project. Also comes with a pair of Hedman...