Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

67 BUS Restore Update
Just wanted to drop in and jump up and down and yell "yippee" a few times. Tranny is in. Brakes - in. NEW [rebuilt] Engine is in. I turned the key and it started right up. Generator light stays on and...
2
2

Re: Part Number?
The A signifies that that is an updated version of the part number. Interestingly enough, Dr. Porsche also designed the part numbering system which Volkswagen still uses to this day. I did find 311...

Owners Manual Wanted
We need an owners manual for a 1995 Mexican Beetle. Any language, any condition. Thanks.
1
1

Colorado Springs VW Show, 26 July
Just wanted to let you guys know that the 2nd Annual Dubs Along the Rockies is right around the corner. Here is a link to the site that will give you all of the details: make it easy, here it is...

Re: Replacing body pans?
If the heater channels are OK....just plate the floor? Neil
3
3

Problem reassembling steering column
Hello, Son tried to replace turn signal switch on his 1977 standard beetle. When reassembling, cannot get pieces to fit together so that horn is making proper contact. The space is about 1/8" too...
2
2

1999 WOLFSBURG JETTA 4 SALE
Black 1999 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 Liter Engine Aircooled MkIII Bodystyle 8 Valve SOHC 115 hp. Asking $9,000 OBO. Has 79K Miles. Selling because I can't afford the payments any longer. Located in Western...
3
3

Re: OT - Downgraded the operating system...
install linux...

Re: Looking for Dub friends in Arkansas
Am in Heavener Ok just a few miles down the road,we have 3 vws we're working on presently.Will also be at ES for the show but our car wont be ready for this year. We have a vw club at Ft Smith and...

Re: effingham, ill. ????
I was there! Sterlng007 Ron Nelson 66 single cab (still under restoration) 73 Beetle (under restoration) 85 Westfalia
2
2

Re: 1978 Fuel Injected Super Beetle Tune Up Problem
Are your spark plugs wet or dry after trying to start it? If you have to keep the pedal down to barely get it running, it sounds like it is getting flooded. The pedal opens up the throttle butterfly...
2
2

Re: COVVC show anyone?
Sorry for the response lag, I'm up to my neck in non VW related events... I'll scout around and mail you some locations in the Reynoldsburg area. That'll put you about 5 minutes from the show. John >...

latest sighting
In tonight's episode of 'Meet My Folks' on NBC, there's a diecast Herbie on the shelf behind the parents during the polygraph scenes. Jim
1
1

Re: Disc Brakes?
Sure. Now most folks only go with front disc's and put type 3 or thing drums in the back. This does well for most applications as normal driving does not require more. It also cuts down on the...
2
2

Re: Mmmmm.... dinner
Very. :) Don't worry, she's no Linda Blair. **************************** Andy 'Dubless for the time being ****************************