Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Bus Jump
this is the coolest
11
11

73 Bug convert. seat belts
Is there anyone who has a used complete set of front seat belts in good condition they want to sell for my 73 Bug convertable ?

The hunt for 3-point retractor seat belts (that fit and work well)
I tried the California Import Parts ones, but the construction is flimsy, the pillar bracket doesn't have the alignment pin, and buckle looks like an american style. Then I tried the Wolfsberg West...
6
6

BUG parts are interchangeable...well sorta
Someone at work gave me a very big box of vintage VW Bug screws,nuts bolts etc. All had been seperated , engine tin screws, 10mm rear deck lid bolts, the best part was the bag of those shoulder bolts...

Stooopid Torx trick..
Today I tried to get a snapped off bolt out of my daughter's impreza's torque converter. I didn't want to heat it so just tried the reverse drill trick and an extractor tool - No joy. (those...
3
3

oil bath air filter
I've got a chance to sell my '72 super, all I have to do is drive it 1200 miles to Virginia. Leaving Sunday. But here's the thing: I had it built with a paper air filter, but I removed the paper...
1
1

question for remco
Hey remco, long time since my last posting, this one is quite similar. the car alarm in my explorer has it set up so that the alarms goes off in spurts. i installed a siren and it just dont sound...
4
4

Removing bug body from pan.
My son "inherited" a baja project car from me. Turns out the spline center of the rear torsion tube has stripped out. We have a replacement but it's gonna be a precision welding job. For that reason...
6
6

Baja Bug
Hi, I wonder if someone has a 7 piece baja wide eye kit for sale? Belgium bug lover. w.
2
2

Re: What year Seat is this?
That seat is correct for '69, and was only used in '68 and '69. Al Adams

Another restoration by Vintage Werks Restorations
is a bus that I dragged out of a field over 4 yrs ago. It required some rust repair (rear fender areas) and paint. This wasn't a full restoration by me , just paint the outside and get it running. It...
9
9

type 2, no idle problemo
runs fairly well, at speed, but no idle, hot or cold. any ideas? a '75 Van. yes, F.I. trouble started after a rainstorm.
2
2

Need instructions for Driver side 1/4 floor pan replacement
The front driver side floor pan needs to be replaced in my Beetle, the rest of the pan (from the back to under the driver seat) is fine. I just need to replace the floor pan under my feet. I have a...
3
3

secondary air system
I am a complete amature mechanic, but here is my question: 1997 vw golf 2.0L automatic Check engine light was on, read a P0411 code (secondary air system). I disconnected the power to the secondary...
15
15

Another fight for the parts cars
Looks like I'm going to be fighting the city to keep the parts cars I have use to do restorations, and I was here first. The area I have my parts cars in has just been taken over by the city, and they...
8
8