28 PICT 1, which distributor?

I've been reading that carburetors were designed to run with certain distributors. My vw has a 28 PICT 1 carburetor, with a Bosch 010 centrifugal advance distributor. I'm quite certain this is not the original pairing, mainly because of the plugged vacuum port on the side of the carb. Could someone tell me what distributor (part number) was original with this carburetor? How important is it to match carb with dizzy? I've read that the 010 is more for high performance engines where the throttle is either depressed the whole way or not at all. I can definitely feel a flat spot at low rpm, then the power "kicks in" after the rpms get up there.

Reply to
Steve Gift

This page should help you identify part numbers for what was original for your car:

It doesn't pair carbs and dizzy, but instead years and engines. Which should have about the same result.

Reply to
Seth Graham

Reply to
Steve Gift

"Steve Gift" wrote

This is from the type2.com site but it says it applies to Beetles also ....

According to the links below, '64 and '65 had the 28 PICT-1:

hth

Reply to
Scott H