32 PDSIT,s

I,ve got a spare set of thse carbies for my T3. On the plate that is immediately above inlet manifold ( ie most bottom part of carbie) there is a bimetal strip that opens a vent when hot that seems to bleed air into the inlet manifold. Makes mixture leaner when hot????. Never seen it before on any of my T3,s/ Beetles. Never seen it referred to in any literature. Anyone got any ideas? John

Reply to
John

Did they come with a balancing tube like the later T4 engines?

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Yep, its got balancing tubes but this bimetal strip is actually part of the carbie. Not sure (if they did) why they would make a "special" for Australia. John

Reply to
John

Could it be that you only have a choke function/adjustment on one carb, and the bimetal job opens after initial warmup? I'm guessing here..

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

You,re right there , they do open up when engine is well and truly warm. The vent that it opens up goes straight into the throat of carbie. Apart from this both carbies are exactly the same as all other, both have chokes, usual mixture, idle adjusts . Yonks ago I had contact with a bloke who worked for Solex and even he hadn,t heard of it. Makes me wonder whether it was some odd mod for Aust though never saw it on any other of my 4 T3,s John

Reply to
John