34 PICT 3 Choke Adjustment Screw

I have lost the screw that adjusts the "step" part of the idle adjustment on a new Pierburg 34 PICT carbm and haven't been able to find another one. The supplier, Aircooled.net, where I usually buy all my parts has not been able to supply a new screw.

Does anyone know a source for these? I noticed that the screw thread is the same on the Solex PICT 30 and 34, although not sure about the length.

Any help will be appreciated!

Reply to
Randall Brink

Randall,

The pierburg I believe has a staked insert that contains the threads for the idle stop screw. Did the entire insert fall out or do you still have a threaded hole where it used to reside?

Chris

Reply to
Hal

There is a vertical arm that holds the screw--there is a threaded eye at the top of the arm.

Reply to
Randall Brink

Randall,

I have a spare screw from a 34pict-3 that I took some other parts from. I just compared it with the one on my 74 super and it is the same length(the one I run now is a Bocar, the other one is a "Deutchse Vergaser" german deal). I believe this one will fix you up. Shoot me an email with your address and I'll drop it in the mail for you tomorrow.

Chris

Reply to
Hal