4 way Emergency Flasher Switch

Hey, anyone in Australia know where I can get a Hazard Switch for a

1978 Kombi.

Just went to the "VW Parts Shop" and the guy reckons you can't get them new and recommended that I go to a wreckers for a 2nd hand one.

Or try a substitute "after-market/generic" on from Coventrys (major parts dealer in WA)

The previous owner removed the switch when it started causing trouble, just left the terminal plate inside the dash.

I'd rather have a new once as 2nd hand could be about to die and I don't want to have to work our the connections on a non genuine.

Thanks in anticipation.

Smegggg

The Bay from Oz

Reply to
Smegggg (John)

Dunno if it helps, but the same switch connections were used in Beetles since 1969 and Buses since 1972. Any of those should work for you. One very slight difference is that '78 Bus has a "night light" built into the switch so you can find it in the dark. This is Terminal #58b which can simply be left disconnected.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks Jim,

I think the main problem is being in Perth Western Australia, the most isolated Capital City in the world.

I'll probably have to order from overseas as nobody seem to carry stock.

I might wait until the annual "Day of the Volkswagen" meeting in early December and see if I can source parts through other owners.

Again, thanks for the info.

Smegggg The Bay from Oz.

Reply to
Smegggg (John)