71 bus more brake questions

Looked the other day and found that the left parking brake cable is stuck (rusted? no idea) in the tubes. I disconnected it at the rear and no amount of pulling will remove the slack at the front. Same from the other direction. What should I do with it? Could it be rusted in place? I dont see any rust on the cable or anywhere else. I can't figure out what's keeping to from moving.

thanks

-tom

Reply to
Vic20Owner

Could be rusted inside the conduit, at the rear. I would be thinking of a torch to heat the conduit; that will often break the rust loose.

Alternate: Cut the cable off at the rear. Rig up a way to pressure feed oil into the conduit and let sit.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim