How to remove Brake Drums on a 1998 Hyundai Excel

Help... the manual shows a phiilips head screw securing the drum.. but i cant find one.... anybody done this???

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Thomo

It may already be gone. If there are two small empty holes (one of which has the threaded portion of the hub underneath), then the screw wasn't reinstalled when the drum was removed previously.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Your right there were two holes, but the drum remained firm, do i need a bake puller to remove.. and many thanks>

Reply to
Thomo

Your right there were two holes, but the drum remained firm.. do I need brake puller to remove.. and thanks again!

Reply to
Thomo

Chances are it's just rusted on or there's a rust ridge preventing it from sliding over the shoes. I have about a 3 pound plastic hammer I hit them with to knock them loose. What's that in metric, about 1.2kg? If they break loose from the hub but still won't pull all the way off, you'll probably need to remove the console and loosen the parking brake cable to get enough play to remove the drums.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Ok will give it a go.. and cheers!!

Reply to