77' Type II electrical problems

I have two problems. First, my turn signals are not working I don't know the specific problem. My parking lights work so its not the bulbs or the assembly, and the turn signal indicator light with show on my guage when I use them. Second, I don't have lo-beam any more. I turn on my lights and high beam always shows. I try to flip the high beams off but It won't click out. I have no clue how to fix this. Any help would be awsome!

Reply to
Fishtale

First, park and turn are two *separate* filaments inside a common bulb. So, just becuz park works doesn't say anything.

Try the 4-way Hazard switch. Do all 4 corners flash? If so, it is not a bulb problem. And the flasher unit is OK. Look for a fuse loose/corroded (common problem). Also possible that the 4-way switch is bad inside (also common); try pushing and pulling a few times. Less likely is a bad turn signal switch. Do the tests and report back.

There is a special relay plugged into the fuse block for the dimming function. When you pull up on the lever, that grounds one side of the relay coil and you should hear it click. No click = bad relay or bad contact inside the turn signal switch assy.

Look on my web site; there are simplified diagrams of the turn and dimmer circuits.

For the complete diagram for the Bus:

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim