96 cabrio gear shift level stuck

Hello, All!

My daughter is away at college and she's in a small town with no VW dealers nearby. He gearshift wont come out of park. I'm assuming it's the safety switch. Any idea where this is located and how hard it is to swap out? I may just mail her one and talk her friend thru the installation.

Thank

With best regards, dukecola. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net

Reply to
dukecola

fuse or brake light switch have her turn the ign switch to almost on to see if she can press the selector button to get it out of park and into neutral or other positions. If she keeps that button pressed in she may be able to start the vehicle in neutral and then select drive or reverse. She might have to use both hands at the same time to do this though. ;-)

later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

ooops sorry everyone....I don't think that this is an aircooled cabrio. and please take this to the watercooled section.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1