A ACVW nut.?

If I go to a bug in/ meet. I take along the "nut" that you used to find behind the dash. it held the light switch in.
It was made out of brass. I polish it and ask people if they can identify it.. I usually have along a complete switch to show where the "nut" came from. the "q" is why brass?
--
Karma ; what a concept!