a loss to the a.c.v.w. community.

i am just a lurker that post's here and there- but i had a good friend that was a lifelong master v.w. mechanic. his name was bruce brimhall, he lived in arizona, and v.w.'s were his life. he lost a lifelong battle with diabetes.

i have known him since before i was born, he and his wife were some of the first people my parents met when they came here from new york back in 68' or so. he lived, breathed, and ate v.w., supporting himself and his family for over 40 years perhaps, not sure of the exact count.

in his time he produced many projects, from mild to wild. i rode in several of them, worked on a few, and always tried to keep a foot in his shop whether i was scraping valve covers, adjusting valves, or making runs to the machine shop.

many have known him, if you were not one of them then i am sorry. and if you had never heard of him before now, well at least you have. he never had a fancy website or advertised in any way. all of his business was word of mouth. he figured that if you came looking for him for help then he didn't owe you anything. if he advertised and asked for business then he owed you-

he was an asset to the v.w. community and will be missed.

treasure you time and your loved ones.

jesse dowling, verde valley arizona...

Reply to
jdowling

That's really nice of you. I wish I had a friend that would do something like this for me when I go away. Maybe someday I will... I am rather new to the VW world. I started with a 71 super beetle autostick a few years ago as "andrewba". I've retired to a 1960 euro with semaphores today!! I am 26 years old.. still several years to make my foothold in the ACVW.

Reply to
payments338

sorry to hear about your loss. i also have a personal vw mentor, who is really up there in age. he has helped countless people here in the st. louis area and has often been chided for such silly notions as conservative compression ratios, watching the deck heighth, thermostats, and keeping all cooling tin in place. his engines still run, others are still burning up. hopefully people will realize his contribution to us before it's too late.

our thoughts are with you and his family.

bob

Reply to
bob