Air Cooled Oil

Is it OK to use a 15w/40 turbo diesel oil in a air cooled 1800engine, 1974 type 2? Will it thin out at higher temperatures than normal 15w/40 oils? Thanks

Reply to
Bill Payer

***
Reply to
Ben Boyle

that oil is fine it is 15W-40. Regardless what it is for, eg farm equip. oil or a motorcycle designation it is the correct oil weight. I have had to in dire situations used 90W gear oil - because it issss an oil and I needed oil. Any damage would be to seals but seeing how they were blown anyways in 100F heat outside it was like using lots of STP

Reply to
wrenchwench