alternator question

I am putting new tin on my mexican engine before it goes into my 74sb and ran into a problem with understanding a bosch alternator I wanted to use. It came out of my bus and only had a two wire hook up. The nut next to the pulley is marked B+ and was connected directly to the + on the battery. The blade connection is marked D+. The alternator is about 10 years old but only used about 3000 miles. It has a sticker on the top that says Bosch - new alternator with the number AL82N. Does this alternator have a regulator built into it? How should I hook it up in the 74?

Reply to
Dennis

yes it is internally regulated.....the D+ needs to be spliced into the warning light on the dash...your 74 should be wired for an externally regulated alternator...so you will need to check speedy's site for great instructions...

this is what you should have(wiring wise)....what you want to go to, is the B+ goes to battery(usually a splicer under rear seat that sends a wire to the battery and a wire to fuse box) and the D+ gets hooked to the warning light...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

splicer should read "splitter"....sorry....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani