Antitheft metod - Right or wrong?

An old man told me yesterday of a method they used back in the '70's to

> prevent your VW to be stolen. Whenever they parked the vehicle for a long > while on a high crime area, they opened up the distributor cap and removed > the rotor. They just walked away with the rotor in the pocket. So a thief > wouldn't be able to turn the car on.

Did that. And I would also sometimes pull the coil wire and take it with me. Also got a lock for the deck lid.

Then I got the bright idea of pulling the ignition fuse and replacing this with a blown one. Which I know prevented the theft of the Bug from a shopping center parking lot. Although the bozo busted up the deck lid in an attempt to learn why he could not start my transportation.

Reply to
Luft Gek?hlt

ignition fuse??????

....Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 04:54:41 -0400, Gary Tateosian ran around screaming and yelling:

that was my first reaction also gary...but then i realized i had no idea if the ignition circuit on a bus was fused or not... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani