Any way to stop surface rusting?

Hey guys,

I got my car back from the mechanic recently and I know know what happened while it was there for over a month but something tells me they were putting stuff on top of the car as there are all these super tiny sratches on the original paint that are now starting to show signs of rust. I swear it looks like they took some sort of steel wool and just scraped the car. Anyway, i can't afford a totally new body of the pan paint job just yet. Is there any way to stave off the rust for now without getting the whole car painted to same shade of sky blue??

thanks for any advice...

Mike

Reply to
Mike C.

AXL

That's inexcusable, if true. A good shop would never do that. In fact, my favorite shop sprays the whole car with a 'body condom' (laugh, it's pretty funny) - a spray of latex or something that covers all the car except the part they are working on.

Anyway, try rubbing it out with a Meguiars product. See their literature. They are the best in the world. Then hit it with some match paint.

Reply to
jjs