My 306 is rusting - does it come from the inside though?

Hi!

On my 306 there was a tiny bubble on the left side. It was just above the bent behind the rear door (4 door). Today I pierced it, and rust appeared behind it :-(

Now I am wondering

- Does it come from the inside? I can't figure out where it comes from.

- Do you figure I can fix it by just putting filler over it, sanding and repaintig with a spray can? The car is dark green, not a metallic paint though.

Thanks,

Tobi

Reply to
Tobias Meyer

mines gone rusty funnily enough just there on both sides but not that bad. At some stage I will take the entire rubber off and do the entire thing cos there are bits elsewhere along that bit where the rust is. Im just gonna rub it down and repaint it. Pugs are really good for rust cos mine isnt that bad.

scott

Reply to
scott

Have you made a hole through the bodywork? You could try prodding it with a screwdriver or something similar (not too hard though!). If the rust goes all the way through, it would give way quite easily. I doubt this is the case with your 306. It's probably just appeared on the surface - it could be caused by imperfections in the metal at that particular point.

First you need to rub down the area and completely remove all the rust you can see. If that leaves indentations in the metal, then you'll need to fill it. If not, just primer it and respray. You should be able to get a quite close match if it is not metal.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris Barnard