Attn Travis & other bikers

After reading you rposts on how fast your bikes went, just stubled on this one

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:48:46 +0100, "Juper Wort" , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Oh, I hope I didn't confuse anyone when I posted about that last motorcycle that could do 178 mph. It's not mine. I just would LIKE FOR IT TO BE MINE. :-) I have a Yamaha V-Star with the smaller (650) of the two available engines. Here it is:

It will *barely* hit 100mph. It's a small cruising bike that willbarely "cruise." I'd like to upgrade it one day but the wife hasother ideas of what to do with the $ that we don't even have in ourhands yet.

I'm sure that none of you have ever been in that position before.

:-D

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

all the bloody time. My bus money has once again turned into stamp duty & legal fees for new house. ( with some off street parking, so potential there )

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

I know the feeling all too well............

I say, "I need to buy new XXXXX for the bug." Wife says, "How much?" I say, "$$$" Wife says no without a word, only that Death Look on her face.

LOL

You gotta love'm, or you would kill'em!!!

-- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama

- vdubbs at highstream dot net64 Bug Rauchen

--------------------

Reply to
TerryB

They would hate me in england I have had a bike doing the 150 mph range a few times, once I was being paid to find out if a Honda 1000 would do the 165mph out of the box like it was advertised. sorry to say I was to light to stay on the seat over 150mph.

Reply to
Kafertoys

I could only wish I had that problem, 300+ pounds and even if I could stay on the seat the bike would never reach its top speed with me on it. LOL!!!

I could not even fathom doing 150mph on four wheels much less two. Not enough brass in me for that. I B 2 chicken!!!!

-- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama

- vdubbs at highstream dot net64 Bug Rauchen

--------------------

Reply to
TerryB

Want some real fun, toss your leg over a vintage H1 or H2 triple......enough to pucker the sphincter when it gets up on the pipe..........them were the days.....had a H2 750 in the early 80's that used to give liter+ bikes fits stoplight to stoplight......had that nasty habit of dropping the sidestand down at high speeds though....and the chassis was as flexable as Travis's choppergun (hehehehehe) fenders....sold it and got a RZ350....that was a fun bike after ripping off the cats and putting a good set of chambers and pipes on it.....now have a mundane 440 that some wench backed over last fall....another project.....

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

this seemed somewhat appropriate to link here:

I think the scariest part about the clip is that his front tire leaves the ground at 60mph.. and you don't see a horizon until he passes 140.

Not to mention how 100mph looks "slow" as he deaccelerates.

Reply to
Seth Graham