Body portable frame...

Hey, I am getting ready to do a body off restoration, and I wanted to see if anyone has built a moveable frame for moving the body around? I want to be able to build the frame without welding, like a wooden frame or bolt together rig... Anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
volkswatson

I've been helping someone a little in his super beetle body off and he made a wooden frame out of 4x4's with shopping cart wheels in all 4 corners. The kind that turn 360 degrees. Works well enough on concrete and seems to hold the weight of the bare body shell with no windows, fenders or lids installed.

You're doing a body off resto and you need to come up with a frame that can be put together without welding? Something's not right here :D You

*must* be equipped to weld if you plan on doing a body off. What's a little extra welding. Besides welding is fun.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Indeed, welding is necessary, but not at this point. I don't have a welder, and plan to rent/borrow one when needed, which I don't plan on until I get to the Body. I am going to deck out the chassis first, then focus on the body.

Hmm what about those floorplans? Ok, so my plan is a little flawed. Nevermind. I am an idiot.

Seriously, I want to get it off the chassis without a lot of work and/or moola.

Chirp

Reply to
volkswatson