can anyone recommend a company to move a bus

I am supposed to be moving to NC from NY around Dec 15th and my Westy isnt running just yet, can anyone out there give me a recommendation of a transporter company you have used that isnt too expensive? Thanks Steve

Reply to
Ilambert

.................There must be so many NY'ers in NC now that maybe Rudy Giuliani could run for governor.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

No votes for Rudy here.It's just that its a pretty place with nice people.I hope us NYers get more Carolinaised and not vise versa.NY(Long Island is still nice but normalcy is becoming rare).

Reply to
Ilambert

"Ilambert" wrote

What part of NC are you moving to? I'm just across the river from Charlotte.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

Sorry, 1972 SB 'vert Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 01:59:31 GMT, "Ilambert" shared the following:

When you get here, we don't wanna hear how y'all did it "up north." ;-)

Reply to
travis

Howdy.

Find a 1 or 2 person shop used car lot. The scarry ones with the Christmas tree lights strung accross the top. Normally these places are hosted in old filling stations or Dairy Queens.

They normally have a line on low-cost transport.

These sellers get their "GEM" cars from auto auction or brought up from the south.... same place the dealer does (ever wonder why the GM dealer looses all the Accords so quick?)

I've had them hauled frequently AZ-MN for $400.... and yes they're licensed bonded and insured.

When you find a transport company -- tell the owner that you're willing to wait for last-minute left-over space. They give about 1 hour notice and load it up on the way out of town.

T.

Reply to
MN AirHead