carb fuel inlet fix?

Hi Folks, I'm looking at rebuilding my 30PICT and would like to fix the loose inlet fitting. I've read upsetting the brass tube is one fix, threading the carb another. Are there other fixes and which is best? What size thread is recommended if tapping?

Thanks! C

Reply to
CROQ

i pull em out(doesn't take much effort) then reinstall them with loctite bearing and sleeve retainer(green stuff)...never had one pull out after that....gotta make sure to clean up the tube and hole...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Same here, but I also do the 'knurling' thing that bob hoover talks about with a file. Just enough to rough up a small section of the tube a bit and then apply the green loctite to seal it in. I haven't had one come out yet......

Chris

Reply to
halatos

Thanks Guys, I'll give it a try

CROQ

CROQ kirjoitti:

Or you can cut threads into the carb top and install a threaded fitting, with loctite...

Jan

Reply to
Jan

That's what I did, plus I use a safety wire from the hose clamp to the carb.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

these days I go to an aftermarket carburetor that uses bolt on banjos...no more problems...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani