carb. question

Is there any difference in a Auto Stick carb. and a standard shift carb.?

Reply to
LeRoy

No, the Vacuum for the Auto tranny comes off the intake manifold which is different.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Not that I have looked it up, but I would think the jetting to be different.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

old thread, but...... PJ, I think you are correct there might have been a slight difference in jetting, and unlike what n*****ts said, there was an additional vacuum port on the rear of the autostick equipped carburetors that connected to the firewall mounted control solenoid.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

WRONG But hey if you want to give wrong info because your insecurities have you disputing anything I say, go for it.

I bet john or any other supplier sells a different carb to anyone with an auto-stick.

Reply to
Kafertoys

The Autostick carbs wore a different flange number. The jetting seems the same, though interestingly enough Ghias were jetted differently likely due to their air cleaner differences.

The autostick carb did also have a second port on the back as Joey alluded to...it is on the right hand side (back is back. This port, as Joey stated goes to the control valve using 3.5mm vacuum hose.

The universal carbs offered today would need the port drilled to be used properly. The boss is there (as it is on all the 34 pict 3's).

This link shows teh port in question.

Gary Tateosian

shift carb.?

jetting seems the

differently likely due

Joey alluded

Joey stated

to be used

Now _THAT's_ the gareth I remember. Highly knowledgeable, with references, and completely diplomatic.

Chris

Reply to
ChrisKlinger

you said there was no difference, so it was you giving wrong information.... I doubt it was due to insecurities, more likely it was just ignorance.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Remember I am out of the business and its hard to feel ignorant telling him that the carb from a standard shift will work when I'm setting here on a beach in south Miami enjoying my retirement.

not to say that I haven't done a little work when someone has been willing to pay $90 an hour for my services.

Reply to
Kafertoys

try to excuse it any way you wish. just as before you "retired"(IE, got run out of business) you like to give authorative information when you don't know. Good to see some things never change. The net is full of folks like you that like to pass along information that isn't entirely accurate. You are not unique.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani