someone this month recommend Mr. Wong on 61st near Dorchester I also recommend him for the VW buses. He is very knowledgeable about them.

From: snipped-for-privacy@hotpop.com (Wesley Pegden) Date: 9/24/03 3:51 PM Central Daylight Time Message-id:

After going to this guy for a little over a year now, I think its time to give my official endorsement... for people looking for a vw mechanic in chicago, there's a guy Mr. Wong on the south side who is by far the most experienced and knowledgeable mechanic I've gone too, especially with the vws. He's helping me keep me '84 vanagon in great shape! His phone is 773 241 6044, and he's at 6100 S Blackstone, although it /looks/ like he's on 61st street (just east of dorchester). If you need a strait-shooting mechanic that knows his stuff, I haven't known a better one.

Just my 2c... wes

dave

I am not sure what exactly needs to be done. Great suggestion though, I have already ordered the manual! Thanks. Deno J. Andrews

What do your brakes require to be done? Basic work like adjusting and changing the shoes can very easily be done with minor mechanical skills. And you will learn by doing.

Get a repair manual like Haynes or Bentley. You won't regret the moments you spend with your ACVW (though maybe your wife will).

Reply to
Deno J. Andrews