Chicago 'burbs mechanic test.

Driving to lunch this afternoon I passed a shop that had a couple acvw's parked in front of it. Was a road I almost never go down, despite being less than a mile from where I've worked for 4 years.

Dropped in, asked if they have mechanics that know aircooled, got a business card, etc, etc.

Posting to ask if any other Chicago-region folks have had these guys take care of their car. Their proximity to my residence and my lack of a garage makes them tempting to visit.

Mr. Jim's Automotive Services Route 59 & Butterfield Road, Warrenville.

Talked to the owner, didn't think to get the names of his aircooled mechanics but he said he had "a couple guys".

And good stories / horror stories?

Reply to
Seth Graham

Find the owners of those acvws and ask them. ;-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1