Coil voltage?

  • terminal should be closer to 12V; let's say 10V as a minimum. But the thing should still start with 8V.

- terminal will go from zero (points closed) to 12V (not 10V) when points are open.

See: "Why won't my engine start?" on my web site for things to check if you're having trouble.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

What should the voltage be at the + and - terminals of a 12 volt coil? Mine reads 8.2 Thanks.

Reply to
Steve

What are you measuring? The voltage from ground to one of the terminals? If so which one? Are you perhaps measuring this with the engine running? If so, this means very little. Use a dwell meter instead.

-

Jim Adney