come on people !

post some thing !!!!

quiet aint it !

ummm let me think of something to post ......

Rich

Reply to
tricky

No AC news here. We're busy having baby llamas this week.

1 beautiful little female was born earlier this week and still 1 baby to go.

Things have been a little tense here as there is a pack of dogs & coyotes and possibly a wolf roaming the area causing all sorts of problems. They ran down a neighbors cow and killed it yesterday and a large deer this morning. Last week they surrounded a neighbor at night but he managed to get out of their circle and escape. Guess all us neighbors are going hunting the next few days & nights.

Our new garage/shop is scheduled to go up right after the 1st of the year. That's if things dry out a little bit and I can finish my fill and leveling.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Hi Randy

Nice to here from you !

Hope you a well settled in now :-)

We dont get the problem of wild animals here in the uk (yeah - its sooo boring ! ) Hope your possey's hunt is succsefull !

I still long to move to the US but - tie's here ....

Keep us informed on the progrees of your 'den' in the new year !

Christmass greetings and al that !

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Reply to
Bill Berckman

Nothing going on here. The Steurmkeafer is sitting at Mark's VW in Amity, OR waiting for the SOBs at the insurance company to pay for the repairs from when it was rearended.

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

Ok. I've moved to cutting out part of the front firewall (or crossmember, whatever it is called). Lots of little spot welds to drill and grind down eventually. Moving slowly because I want to be careful but having a blast mutilating my poor bug.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

No VW progress or stories here. VW is hibernating 5000+ miles away.

:(

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Hmmm...I refurbished and painted my driver's door just before the weather turned. It's nice not having to grunt when turning the window winder handle. All new rubber parts, cleaned and greased regulator, new door panel, new foam seal (that is making it hard to shut the door). Hopefully, a bit warm sun in the spring will loosen that up a bit like it did for the other side last year.

But right now, the Sparrow is sleeping her way through winter. :)

Reply to
Michael Cecil

I did the same thing and now it takes 20+ pounds of force to slide the glass up and down. I'm going to wait until spring to take it apart and find out what I did wrong...

Tony

Reply to
Anthony W

Well, it does take a bit of fiddling getting the parts back in place, especially the glass itself. Good luck.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Well its nice to see eveyone is still about and checking in !

I'm going to be spending a bit of time tearing down and rebuilding some engines I bought last week. Once I am confidenet I will takle the ones in my daily drivers !

Cant think of a better way to spend christams :LOL:

Reply to
tricky

Any idea as to when it will get back on the road ?

Reply to
tricky

What else you up to Jan ?

Hows the job hunt going ?

Have you thought about setting up a VW shop ?

Rich

Reply to
tricky

nothing new vw wise here...may sell my fatchick ghia so i can buy turbo, fuel injection, and heads for my stroker engine(for the fatchick bug).... other than that, too busy workwise to mess with vw's...just drive them occassionally..

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I'm hoping next year sometime but it may stretch - am not in a huge hurry. I've rebuilt the engine and it runs well so that should be all set. The framehead is good again but I'm fiddling with the channels now. I tacked them in but didn't like the fit. Also didn't like the idea of patching the crossmembers, after I looked at it further.

Have been debating which way is best for me and have decided to cut out the near rotted front and rear crossmembers first (they are pretty rotted). Will weld a box out of the new channels and crossmembers with the pan as a template. Then I'll put the body on top of it and carefully weld the whole thing together as I am afraid of losing alignment.

Hope to get ready to paint sometime this summer. That's something else I've never done on a car before, so that will be interesting.

It has been a fun learning experience. Once I get this one done, I'll have to start looking for another one. Remco

Reply to
Remco

Sounds like you are doing a good job ! Are you taking photo's of your work ? is it going on your web pages ?

Reply to
tricky

Working two jobs leaves little time for anything else.

I stopped looking for MY line of work, until we had decided where to live. We noiw have, and we moved. I suppose it's time to start looking actively again, now that I know the geographical area I can target.

VW and (gasp) other brand shop, yes. But I am not sure I want to do that for a living. I need to be able to walk away from it for a week if I get stuck with something. Anyway, it requires a lot5 of money in th estartup phase, and I don't have it. I'd rather go get a desk job and build a garage for my hobby needs, maybe let some other locals use it when I'm not there.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Well, not sure if I'm doing a good job, but I'm certainly having fun doing it. :) I've taken lots of pictures, but am bad at maintaining web sites. I'll have a lot of updating to do.

Hey, thanks for that brake idea. I was looking to get one soon but may evaluate that, seeing those plans.

A P1800? Very cool car.. That's the car the Saint drove, no?

Reply to
Remco

That the one !

Reply to
tricky

I like those! The station wagon looks a little weird though :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan