Cooling Tin Flaps

Hi Everyone...

I am sending the sheetmetal for the engine out to be glass beaded and I noticed that the fan shroud has a cable on it that has the thickness of paperclip wire, but it seems to have come undone. Is this a mandatory cable? Can it be replaced, or can I live without it?

If anyone has any ideas about this cable, I would be happy to hear them. Me thinks that it runs from the engine thermostat up to the air cleaner, however, I am not 100% sure.

Thanks,

Peter

--

--

1990 Jetta GL Wolfsburg Edition (Jude) 1989 Jetta Carat (Un-named, but open to suggestions!) 1968 Beetle GLX (Rhett)

"It's not a car, It's a Volkswagen"

Peter Cressman

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 20:27:06 -0400, "Peter Cressman" ran around screaming and yelling:

that is what it does...it operates a flap in the aircleaner that allows heated air(from under the number two cylinder) into the engine when the engine or air temp is cold...without it you *may* have carb icing issues(especially in canada, where it is cold...) Joey

Reply to
Joey Tribiani