Crank pulley wobble

Crank pulley has a slight wobble while running on my 03, 4 cyl Camry. It is not an illusion, as you can see the grooves move back and forth when compared to a fixed point. (timing marks on the engine cover)

The other pulleys i.e. PS pump, waterpump, alternator, and A/C pulley are dead straight with absolutely no wobble. I checked the crank bolt and it seems tight.

Is the crank pulley on this engine a two piece type, that is rubber bonded, and might be the cause of the wobble?

Interested if anyone else has noticed this, or can say professionally that it is normal.

Thanks

Reply to
Platil

Yes, its 2 parts.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Thanks Rick,

So a little side-to-side wobble with this 2 piece crank pulley is O.K.? Can't say I have ever seen a crank pulley wobble that did not have a problem. Any need for the dealer to have a look?

Thank you very much

Reply to
Platil

If it was mine, I'd repalce it. I have seen these seperate, though, rare as hens teeth.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Agreed, I only hope the dealer will replace it w/o a lot of "it's normal" BS.

Thanks Rick.

Reply to
Platil

A friend had a '83 Celicia which separated. It didnt do any damage, he stopped as soon as the alt light came on. It cost a bloody fortune here,..something like A$350.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James