door for a 74 1303

Hello NG! I'm searching for a door for my 1303. A guy far away has a new door which should fit all Beetles between 65 and 72 (he told me). I always thinked that all doors after 68 will fit my 74 1303. Does this guys door fit my 1303? bye...NJ

Reply to
NJ

BTW her is a link to a picture of this door.....

bye....NJ

Reply to
NJ

There is differances between 65 to 74 doors' the molding height the depth of the finger cup and the hinge has different pins.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Will the door fit if i use the removable part of my 74 hinges? Bye NJ

Reply to
NJ

You are better off finding a '74 door. They are available around here (atlanta) regularly for about $30 at the pull it yourself yard.

Reply to
Funkie

Reply to
Ben Boyle