Early bus front end conversion

Hello, I have a 1963 Single Cab that I would like to convert to ball joint front end, and disc brakes- I'd prefer the simplest method- does anyone know if the front beam from early bay-window busses will fit? I heard it would, but only 1968 - 1970 or something like that(USA specs, if it matters). If not, will the trailing arm and spindle assemblies fit the early beam?

Whether or not I keep the wide-5 lug pattern really doesn't matter (I'm also converting to IRS in the rear).

Thanks!

Reply to
Dave G

AFAIK 68 to 71 ? beam will go on the split bus, then you can go a bit further and put 72 or later disk setup on !

Its been a while since I read it, so check 1st.

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

here's what i remember ---

68 to 69 1/2 has the same bolt pattern as the splitties. from there, one can add the later trailing arms to that beam. that is what i remember reading.
Reply to
ysail1

Which Bay bus front beams fit Split buses? The early Bay bus front beams fit the Split buses as a bolt-on item. This has the advantages that the Bay beam brings ball-joint suspension and allows the fitting of 1971 or later disk brakes as a bolt-on item. "Early" in this context means 1968 and 1969. Some 1970 beams may also fit, as the change from Early to Later configuration was a mid-model change. The key to whether an Early beam can fit is that the distance between the centrelines of the mounting bolts needs to be 92 mm, not 128 mm as in the Later version, which has 128 mm separation. This diagram clarifies the measurement.

Grahame from Australia

Reply to
Grahame Rumballe