engine compartment tarpaper mystery (ghia) - still remains unsolved

took out the engine, then the autostick, & have installed a 4 speed, but nobody here knows which of the holes in THIS dang piece of factory tarpaper

(from behind the right rear wheel, inside the engine compartment) "was supposed to be there originally" on a 4 speed ghia?

these are my THEORIES: 'wide notches' labeled N-1 and N-2 in the image above were originally for routing autostick-related hoses THRU, and NO other purpose. is this correct? or incorrect?

also, I'm guessing the two long oval-shaped holes (labeled 'oval one' and 'oval two') in the image, "were formerly for" some autostick cannister 'brackets', which've been removed. so, these two 'oval holes' NEVER appear in the tarpaper of 4 speed ghias - is THAT correct? or INcorrect? (it's been over six yrs since I dismantled this stuff - I've forgotten/please help)

also, final theory, please confirm or correct me: the upper notches in the image above (labeled R-1 thru R-4 inclusive) are what I'm gonna call "factory folding notches", so these four notches are on the upper edges of four speed ghias AS WELL AS on autostick ghia tarpapers. is THAT correct? or incorrect?

I'm "redoing my tars", but wanna get it right...

thanks

Reply to
bill yohler

From what I see and compared to mine, it seems that your theories are correct. However, I don't have 'folding notches' like you do. Maybe its a year change 'thing'.