ghia engine compartment tarpapers restoration - got a few questions

converting my 71 ghia over to 4 spd from autostick, and part of that is needing to plug some holes in the tarpapers (tar boards), where some 'autostick related' cannister & reservoir brackets and such were removed, and other stuff.

tarpaper questions are 'pasted on top of' the five images at my site

thanks for taking a look and your advice :-)

Reply to
bill yohler

Bill,

You have done a nice job on the web pages and photos. I am involved in the restoration of a 69 Ghia Auto Stick car myself, so I will follow this thread. I plan to keep the Autostick as it has been quite reliable, once I learned how to adjust the shift lever contact point clearance. The car has been the family since 1970. I will take a close look at my engine compartment this weekend and post another reply.

Homer Brinlee

1969 Karmann Ghia ".... {º¿º} ...."
Reply to
Homer

the floor insulation in about 1/4 inch thick with some super sticky stuff that i swear would stick to anything.... the the top layer looks like tarboard material , middle layer is gray foam, very tough...

the liner has a silver top layer and is much thinner than the floor insulation, but will confirm to most anything, again the adheisive this time is some kind of black tar, just make sure it's where you want it when you apply it, or you'll be spending needless hours scraping

good luck

Reply to
Skipnkuf

homer: I'm looking forward to your 'more info' reply, and thanks :-)

skip: you're _way_ "off subject" there...I wasn't asking about flooring tarpapers, which is QUITE different stuff altogether, both in the way it's fastened _&_ the stuff itself. I", still attempting to find out the correct location of holes (or lack thereof) in ghia "4 speed" engine compartment tarpapers.

thanks :-)

Reply to
bill yohler