Engine Knocks at start up

When I start my KG's SP engine it knock be loud. I tried to feel where the noise is, but can really tell. After a couple of minutes, (when engine warms up) the noise is gone. I'll be checking valve clearances, but I'm wondering if there some other cause. Hopefully nothing major. BTW the engine has had a top end rebuild only a few hundred miles ago.

Reply to
Mel P.

Piston slap?

Reply to
Douglas

One thing to check is:

1) How recently have you changed your car's oil? 2) How well does the oil's temperature range match the ambient temperature?
Reply to
KWW