Engine RPM's

Should I go by the settings list in Bentley/Haynes of 800 - 900 RPM's or do I go by what actually makes the engine run smooth? I can only get the engine to run smooth @ 1000-1100 RPM's.

BTW: no vac leaks valves set timing good new carb

Reply to
Mel P.

A bit of a fast idle is beter than one too slow. But you should look into the problem to determine why. The first place I would look is at the new carb. Start with the carb adjustments (particularly for the 34 series). I have seen some real junk out there, and will not install one until I've first cleaned and inspected it. Could be you are having an idle circuit problem.

Reply to
luftgekuhlten

Mine idles at 800 but a bit lumpy, I just live with it. Are the jets the same on the new carb?

--Steve

----------------------------------- dubberware - personalise your ride!

snipped-for-privacy@dubberware.co.uk

Reply to