Engine tin question.

Can you drive a bug with the engine tins not installed. Say 6 hours freeway.

Reply to
DogDiesel

Not recommended. It's the #1 reason for overheating, the hot air from under the engine (exhaust system) is drawn up into the engine bay and into the fan intake, and hot air does a poor job of cooling the engine. If this is a "limp home" one time deal, you could maybe prop the decklid open several inches from the bottom or remove it completely to allow the fan to draw in more fresh air from above.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

You run a very real risk of seizing up a piston or a big end bearing. From overheating.

I've done both (but not since I learned my lesson back in the

60s).

John

Reply to
John Henderson

Sure, sweetheart. All that tin is just extra weight.

(Something about your attitude bugs me.)

Reply to
John Stafford

I guarantee that Catlow will seize the engine in twenty minutes. Let 'm.

Reply to
John Stafford

Bugs or Bugs....

Reply to