exhaust pipe gaskets

car: 72 SB question: What are the gaskets between the exhaust and the engine made of? or better, can I make them myself? I cannot find them alone, they come in a bigger package with lots of stuff that I already have..

Ant

Reply to
Ant

Happens to us all. How much can the little kit cost? Just buy one, use the gasket you need, and either throw the rest of the kit in your junk bin or in the garbage.

:-)

John Kuthe...

Reply to
John Kuthe

down here the kit costs US$6. I always buy it for the oil change kit... have

3 partially used already....
Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

these?

I made my own out of copper for my 912.

Ant wrote:

Reply to
knt

Try

as they, i believe, sell them a piece. That is, according to your E-mail adress in the same country. you are. They helped me great.

Roger

"Ant" schreef in bericht news:bumjlp$gko$ snipped-for-privacy@news.tudelft.nl...

Reply to
Bug59

You can buy smaller kits that consist only of the gaskets and the clamps & hardware for them. They should cost about $1 per kit. These kits are actually for the tailpipes, but the gasket is the same.

If you mean the flat gaskets that fit against the head (exhaust manifold gaskets) then most shops accumulate piles of extra ones. Check around.

I have dozens of them here.

-

Jim Adney