Fan belt angle?

I put a new alternator on my 73 bug and now it looks like it sticks out a little further than the old one used to. Now looking from the side, the fanbelt is angled outwards a little from the crankcase pulley up to the alternator pulley. Is this okay? I didn't notice if the old one was angled or not. It just seems to me the pulleys should line up (from the side), with no angle.

Thanks, Ted

Reply to
Ted Bogart

They should be lined up. you have a problem. Loosen the clamp strap, push teh alternator inwards so that it seats properly against teh sideways step of the alternator stand, keep pushing until you have tightened the strap again. A friend would be a nice thing to have here.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Thanks, I'll do that. It looked a little funny, so I'm glad I checked here first.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Bogart