fiberglass rear apron install??

I bought a fiber apron from aircooled.net a while back, and thought I could just loosen the old one and slide the plastic one over it. My '72 Super has a right rear header, and wonder if the fiber apron (no stock exhaust cutouts) can take the heat. I saw the TRENDS article on rear aprons, but wonder if there's an easier way. This is for appearance sake only, as the stock apron is full of cracks (bondo-previous owner). I can't strip the stock one and weld, and hope you dudes (and dudettes) can help....thanks in advance

- snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
pmbedard