Fire in the hole!!!

that up off of the street by my neighborhood after the raillaunched it. I had just "tapped" it into the stinger and since it fitso tight I didn't think I'd have a problem. But... when the railstarted running rough near home today and backfiring, I saw a blur ofsomething in the rear-view mirror just after a particularly badbackfire... thought it was flame shooting out of the stinger for asecond until we noticed how the sound level of the exhaust had justabout doubled. No problem. It's home again... and hopefully won't goanywhere now...
"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

hehe...sorry shag, when we were on IM the other night and i saw the new section of your site(finally) i meant to mention you didn't seem to have anything securing the baffle(in the picture)....must have gotten sidetracked....that fancy smancey new centerpunch could have done the job and just "peened " it in place...but a zipscrew or bolt works too..heh

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I just bent the lip up a tiny bit on my old stinger to hold the baffle in place, but this one has a seam all along the lower edge and I figured I might break that weld if I bent it. I *did* get out one of my new punches that I was telling you about but I'd have had to remove the stinger to be able to use it effectively. When I lightly tapped it the first time the whole thing bounced around. I think the bolt thingie will hold it nicely. :-)

Reply to
Shag